YourTexasBenefits.com. Login to apply for SNAP food benefits (food stamps), health-care benefits (Medicaid and CHIP), TANF cash for families, Medicare Savings Programs, and long-term care benefits.
Nutrition and eating well
- USDA Mixing Bowl. Search for MyPlate and SNAP recipes.
- Summer Feeding Programs. Check out this resource for healthy meals when school is out for the summer.
- Basic Nutrition for Everyone. Learn more about nutrition and healthy eating habits.
- BreastmilkCounts.com. Learn how breastfeeding helps your baby and get helpful tips.
- Texas WIC. Learn more about the WIC nutrition program and how to apply.
- SNAP-Ed Community Corner. Get ideas for planning healthy meals on a budget.
- Healthy eating on a budget. Make healthy choices while staying within your budget.
- How much physical activity do you need? Learn how much physical activity you need to be healthy.
- Be active your way: a guide for adults. Tips for getting exercise—whether you’re just starting out or already active.
Apps and tracking sites
- It’s Time Texas apps. Find healthy activities and events near you. Search for deals at Texas’ healthiest companies.
- PreventType2.org. Learn what causes type 2 diabetes and how to prevent it.