This hearty chili is perfect when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
1 cup onion
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder
½ tbsp cumin
½ cup salsa
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Peel outer layer of onion off and chop.
- In a large pot, brown beef with chopped onions on medium heat. Add tomatoes and chop tomatoes with spoon breaking into small pieces.
- Add seasonings and salsa to beef mixture. Stir in drained, rinsed beans.
- Cook until hot and serve immediately.
Prep and cook time:
Prep Time: 8 min. Cook Time: 7 min.
Amount per serving: 173 calories; Carbohydrate: 22g; Protein: 15g; Fat: 2g; Dietary fiber: 7g
Arizona Nutrition Network