Apple Blueberry Crisp
Apples and blueberries are delicious in this crisp but you can also substitute with peaches, nectarines, pears, plums, or blackberries.
4 medium apples
2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries
⅓ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup regular rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
4 Tablespoons canola oil
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruit before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Core and chop apples.
- Put apples and blueberries into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, oats, cinnamon, sugar and oil until crumbly.
- Spread evenly over fruit.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm.
8 (¾ cup each)
Prep and cook time:
15 minutes; 40 minutes in oven
Calories, 232; carbohydrate, 41 g; protein, 3 g; total fat, 8 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 6 g; total sugars, 25 g; sodium, 1 mg; calcium, 15 mg; folate, 6 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent of calories from fat, 31%.
Photo Credit: Rick Gayle Studio. Image and recipe provided by: Arizona Nutrition Network.