2 cans black beans
1 can chicken broth
½ cup salsa or diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder
6 tbsp cheese
6 tbsp onion
3 tbsp cilantro
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Wash one can of beans with a potato masher.
- Pour both cans of beans into medium saucepan.
- Add chicken broth, salsa, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until soup is slightly thickened.
- Top each serving with 1 Tablespoon cheese and 1 Tablespoon onion and fresh cilantro if desired.
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 15-20 min.
Amount per serving: 137 calories; Carbohydrate: 22g; Fat: 10g; Protein: 10g; Dietary fiber: 7g
Arizona Nutrition Network