Fun breakfast treat perfect for a weekend morning.
2 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
1 teaspoon margarine
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon 1% milk
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 small green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2 Tablespoons shredded fat-free Mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing,
- Melt margarine in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add milk to eggs and cook until softly scrambled.
- Cover each slice of toast with sliced tomatoes, overlapping.
- Divide eggs between toast.
- Arrange pepper strips to make eyebrows/eyes, nose and a smiling mouth. Use cheese for hair. (Your kids might like to do this part.)
Prep and cook time:
Calories, 213; carbohydrate, 22 g; protein, 14 g; total fat, 8 g; saturated fat, 2 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 213 mg; fiber, 6 g; total sugars, 8 g; sodium, 299 mg; calcium, 268 mg; folate, 64 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 34%.
Photo Credit: Rick Gayle Studio. Image and recipe provided by: Arizona Nutrition Network.