2 green onions, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons diced green pepper
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 whole wheat en muffin
4 teaspoons pizza sauce
2 Tablespoons shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat add green onions and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in eggs and black pepper and cook about another 2 minutes.
- Split en muffins in half and toast.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each en muffin half.
- Spoon ½ of the egg mixture and cheese on top of the muffins.
- Place muffins on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
* Instead of baking, the last step could be done in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Calories, 156; carbohydrate, 17 g; protein, 10 g; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 2 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 165 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 4 g; sodium, 307 mg; calcium, 167 mg; folate, 40 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 35%.
Adapted from 3-A-Day