2 green onions, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons diced green pepper
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 whole wheat English muffin
4 teaspoons pizza sauce
2 Tablespoons shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat add green onions and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in eggs and black pepper and cook about another 2 minutes.
- Split English muffins in half and toast.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.
- Spoon ½ of the egg mixture and cheese on top of the muffins.
- Place muffins on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
* Instead of baking, the last step could be done in the microwave for 2 minutes.