1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 2 ½ cups)
2 tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce (more or less to taste)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
*Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Add cauliflower florets into a food processor or blender. Pulse until the cauliflower is small and resembles rice. If you don’t have a food processor or blender, chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. Add sesame oil or vegetable oil to skillet.
- Add white onion, peas, and carrots and cook until tender.
- Move the onion, peas, and carrots to the side and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix eggs and vegetables.
- Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top.
- Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated throw and cauliflower is tender.
- Add chopped green onions*, if desired.
Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 15 min.
Amount per serving: 108 calories; Carbohydrate: 9g; Fat: 6g; Protein: 5g; Dietary fiber: 3g
Contributed by San Antonio Food Bank