Cheesy Potato Casserole
This cheese casserole will become your family’s new favorite dish. It’s quick and will feed a crowd!
1 ¼ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
1 cup quartered and sliced onion
1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 ½ tsp Italian herbs
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp garlic salt
- Spray an 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/2 of the onions on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/3 the cheese and 1/2 the herbs.
- Repeat layers, then top with the last 1/3 of the potatoes, layering potatoes so that there is a solid layer of potatoes with no gaps; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Stir together stock, Dijon and garlic salt and pour over the potatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH until internal temperature registers
- 165F on a food thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Use oven mitts or a towel to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and serve.
Prep and cook time:
Prep Time: 25 min. Cook Time: 20 min.
Amount per serving: 130 calories; Carbohydrate: 18g; Fat: 3.5g; Protein: 8g; Dietary fiber: 2g