Cheesy Vegetable Enchiladas
2 large sweet potatoes (about 12 oz.)
1½ cups (about 12 oz.) frozen spinach
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced, no-added sodium tomatoes in juice
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
1½ teaspoons chili powder
9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
¾ cup grated, reduced fat cheddar cheese
¾ cup grated, part-skim mozzarella cheese
nonstick cooking spray
1 can (13 ½ oz.) drained, low sodium black beans
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Poke 2 or 3 small holes in each yam and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until soft. Cool until able to handle. In blender, combine canned tomatoes with juice, yams, cumin, and chili powder. Blend until smooth to make a vegetable sauce.
- Set aside ¼ cup of the grated cheddar.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining cheddar cheese with the mozzarella cheese.
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ½ cup of the vegetable sauce on bottom of pan.
- Lay in half of the tortillas on top of the sauce in the pan. Sprinkle with half of the spinach, half of the beans and half of the cheese. Pour ½ of the remaining vegetable sauce over the top and spread over everything.
- Repeat step 7 one more time. Top with reserved cheddar cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove covering for the last 15 minutes.