- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks in juice, not drained
- 1 11-oz. can mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- 16 large ice cubes
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl. Add the gelatin and cinnamon to boiling water. Stir for at least 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Add enough ice (or cold water) to the juice to measure 1 ½ cups. Add the gelatin mixture and stir until the ice is completely melted.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until the gelatin is slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg white).
- Reserve ¼ cup each of the pineapple and orange. Add remaining pineapple and oranges to gelatin. Pour into 1 ½-quart serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with the reserved pineapple and oranges.
Serving size: ½ cup; 41 calories, 10g carbohydrates, 0g total fat, 1g protein, 1g total fiber
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute