Chicken Vegetable Soup with Kale
½ cup peeled and chopped onion
¾ cup chopped carrot
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground thyme
2 cloves peeled and finely diced garlic
3 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
¾ cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup cubed, cooked, skinless chicken
1 cup cooked brown rice, cooked
2 cups chopped kale
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot to pan. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and garlic. Cook for one minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cooked rice, chicken and kale.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes before serving.