Classic Honey Flan
Everyone will love this light dessert.
1 large whole egg
½ cup egg substitute
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1½ cups fat-free milk
¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Boil water.
- Spray four custard cups with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix the whole egg, egg substitute, milk, ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of honey, grated lemon zest, and vanilla. Beat until mixed, but not foamy.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 tablespoons of honey and cinnamon, and mix.
- Place the custard cups in a baking dish large enough so they fit with the water. Spoon ½ tablespoon of honey and cinnamon into each custard cup. Divide the egg mixture equally into each custard cup.
- Place the dish in the middle of the oven and pour the boiling water into the dish so it comes up about 1 inch. Do not let water hit flan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife blade comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
4 (Serving size: ½ cup)
Prep and cook time:
Prep time: 15 mins. Cook time: 45 mins.
Each serving provides: calories: 199, total fat: 2g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 55mg, sodium: 114mg, total fiber: 0g, protein: 8g, carbohydrates: 40g, potassium: 235mg