Crispy Coated Chicken
The crispiness comes from corn flakes and baking rather than frying.
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
Pepper to taste
½ teaspoon garlic powder or oregano (optional)
2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
1½ pounds skinless chicken pieces, rinsed and dried
Non-stick cooking spray
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In small bowl, mix together milk and egg with flour, pepper, and garlic powder or oregano.
- Put crushed cornflakes in shallow pan.
- Dip chicken into batter then roll into crushed cornflakes.
- Lightly spray shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spray chicken lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F for 1 hour, or until chicken is done.
- Serve warm.
6 4-ounce servings
Prep and cook time:
20 minutes; cooking time 1 hour
Calories, 265; carbohydrate, 26 g; protein, 29 g; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 109 mg; fiber, 1 g; total sugars, 3 g; sodium, 228 mg; calcium, 36 mg; folate, 90 mcg; iron, 4 mg; percent calories from fat, 14%.
Photo Credit: Rick Gayle Studio; Image and recipe provided by: Arizona Nutrition Network