Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
½ cup skim milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup cornflakes, crumbled
1½ tablespoons onion powder
1½ tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons dried hot pepper, crushed
1 teaspoon ginger, ground
8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
1 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil (use to grease baking pan)
a few shakes paprika
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk then shake off extra milk. Put chicken in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may bake faster than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy skin. (Do not turn chicken during baking.)