Crunchy Chicken Salad
Make this salad for an after-school snack or dinner in the summer. It has lots of protein!
2 cups chicken
½ cup celery
¼ cup pepper
½ cup grapes
½ cup cucumber
¾ cup yogurt
- Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 2 cups of chicken pieces.
- Chop the celery into small pieces.
- Chop the green pepper into small pieces.
- Peel and chop 1/4 of an onion.
- Peel and chop half of a cucumber.
- Chop the apple into pieces. It’s okay to leave the peel on the apple.
- Cut the grapes in half.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
Prep and cook time:
Prep Time: 15-20 min.
Amount per serving: 140 calories; Carbohydrate: 8g; Fat: 4.5g; Protein: 17g; Dietary fiber: 1g
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network