Four Layer Casserole
Best part about this Four-Layer Casserole? Lunch the next day!
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 4 potatoes
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (or canned mixed vegetables)
- ¼ cup cheese, low-fat shredded (cheddar or colby jack)
- ¼ cup milk, 1%
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Cook ground beef in frying pan until brown. Rinse in warm water and drain to remove excess fat.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into slices without peeling.
- Place potatoes in a large baking or casserole dish. Top with vegetables, ground beef, and cheese.
- Pour milk over the casserole. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover with a lid or foil. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or microwave in non-metal baking or casserole dish for 19-23 minutes on high.
For 1 cup, 1/6 of recipe: 283 calories, 9 g total fat, 31 g total carbohydrate, 31 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl