- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) green beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1½ cups spinach, kale, or other leafy green vegetable, stemmed, rinsed, and chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, cook spinach and tomatoes until tender. Stir in the green beans and oregano.
- Cover and cook until green beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garbanzo beans, pepper, cooked rice, and dressing, Stir until heated through.
Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 10 min.
Amount per serving: 215 calories; Carbohydrate: 28g; Fat: 9g; Protein: 7g; Dietary fiber: 7g
Contributed by San Antonio Food Bank