Guacamole is packed with healthy nutrients and makes a great appetizer!
¼ cup sweet onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 tomato, finely chopped
3 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- Cut avocados in half; remove seed.
- Scrape avocado meat out with a spoon and put into a small bowl.
- Add onion and tomato; combine gently with fork, mashing avocado slightly if necessary.
- Pour lemon or lime juice over avocado; add salt and stir gently.
- Serve with strips of bell peppers for dipping instead of chips.
Prep and cook time:
Prep time: 5 min.
Amount per serving: 140 calories; Carbohydrate: 13g; Fat: 11g; Protein: 2g; Dietary fiber: 5g
Contributed by San Antonio Food Bank