This recipe is tasty, low-sugar, and perfect for breakfast.
- 3 cups rolled oats (or old fashioned oats)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil (canola or olive)
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- *Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Put all ingredients except dried fruit in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
- Set stove to medium-high heat and pour mixture into a pan. Stir mixture constantly until lightly browned.
- Place in a bowl and stir in dried fruit. Cool thoroughly.
- Store in a tightly covered container. Serve over yogurt or eat plain.
Prep and cook time:
Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 10 min.
Amount per serving: 157 calories; Carbohydrate: 25g; Fat: 6g; Protein: 3g; Dietary fiber: 3g
Contributed by Brazos Valley Food Bank