4 top loin pork chops
⅓ cup orange juice
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
6 slices whole wheat bread
syrup or other toppings (optional)
- Preheat the griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375 degrees.
- Put eggs, milk, and vanilla in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
- Grease the griddle or pan with a thin layer of oil or use nonstick spray.
- Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices, or jam.
Prep time: 2 min. Cook time: 8 min.
Amount per serving: 100 calories; Carbohydrate: 13g; Fat: 2.5g; Protein: 6g; Dietary fiber: 2g
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network