- 1 (15 oz.) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup purple onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- *Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Combine peas, rice, onion, celery and jalapeno* in large bowl.
- Top with chopped parsley and garlic.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and pepper. Pour rice over mixture.
Prep time: 6 min. Cook time: 10 min.
Amount per serving: 270 calories; Carbohydrate: 38g; Fat: 11g; Protein: 7g; Dietary fiber: 6g
Contributed by Houston Food Bank