2 lbs fish fillets
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp hot sauce
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp onion powder
½ cup corn flakes
1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Clean and rinse fish. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with crumbs and place on plate.
- Let fillets sit briefly in milk. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 20 min.
Amount per serving: 150 calories; Carbohydrate: 4g; Fat: 3.5g; Protein: 25g; Dietary fiber: 0g
US Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health