Spicy Raisin Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a great make-ahead breakfast dish that can be warmed up in the microwave.
3 cups water
1½ cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- In a medium saucepan bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Slowly add oats, raisins, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 3 minutes.
6 (½ cup each)
Prep and cook time:
Calories, 172; carbohydrate, 35 g; protein, 4 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 20 gm; sodium, 205 mg; calcium, 37 mg; folate, 0 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 8%.
Photo Credit: Rick Gayle Studio. Image and recipe provided by: Arizona Nutrition Network.