- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat pasta (try bow ties or macaroni)
- 2-10 ounce boxes frozen, chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons of Ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and cool.
- Microwave spinach on high for 2-3 minutes until thawed. Drain well.
- Combine drained spinach, cooked pasta, and dressing in a casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Serve.
Calories, 205; carbohydrate, 28 g; protein, 9 g; fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 2 mg; fiber 4 g; total sugars, 1 g; sodium, 380 mg; calcium, 180 mg; folate, 17 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 26%.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH).