This recipe makes 30 mini muffins that your whole family will love.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped raisins
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and sweet potatoes; mix well.
- In a large bowl, stir flour with baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Alternate adding milk and the potato mixture to the large bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Spoon into greased 1 ½ inch muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Prep and cook time
Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 10 min.
Amount per serving: 53 calories; Carbohydrate: 8g; Fat: 2g; Protein: 1g; Dietary fiber: 0g
Contributed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service