5 cups fresh sweet potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
2⅓ cups canned, unsalted garbanzo beans (chickpeas), with liquid
½ cup fresh green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash hands with warm soap and water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place shredded potatoes on a large baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 350°F for 20 minutes or until slightly tender. Do not overcook.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a food processor or blender, puree garbanzo beans, including the liquid until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded sweet potatoes, pureed garbanzo beans, green onions, vegetable oil, salt, garlic, pepper, onion powder, and cinnamon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 40-45 minutes to make tots easier to form.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll 36 tots. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the tots with a spoon or a fork. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve hot.