This tasty chili is full of healthy veggies and is low in sodium and sugar.
- 2 cups cooked ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups water
- 4 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup no salt added black beans (drained, and rinsed)
- ¼ cup low fat, shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ cup taco sauce
- plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degres.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortillas on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 4-7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
- Spread tortillas with a tablespoon of beans. Top with meat and cheese.
- Put them back in the oven and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and taco sauce. Add yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
Prep and cook time:
Prep Time 5 min. Cook Time 15-18 min.
Amount per serving: 230 calories, Carbohydrate: 20g, Fat: 4g, Protein: 26g, Dietary fiber: 3g, Serving size: 1 tostada