Turkey Veggie Chili
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups chopped veggies (carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, fresh corn, bell peppers, in any combination)
¾ cup water
1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
2 cups diced tomatoes
3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Chop all vegetables into very small pieces.
- Heat a large pot on medium heat and add onion and veggies.
- Cook until onions are clear; add small amount of water if veggies start to stick.
- Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ¾ cup of water, garlic, and spices.
- Simmer another 10-15 minutes, until most of the liquid is gone.