Yummy Green Beans with Tomatoes
Get vegetables on the table in minutes with this easy dish.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes
1 package (16 ounces) frozen green beans
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic powder, basil, and oregano and cook 2 minutes.
- Add green beans. Cover and cook 8 minutes.
Prep and cook time:
Calories, 84; carbohydrate, 14 g; protein, 2 g; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 4 g; sodium, 230 mg; calcium, 82; folate, 5 mcg; calories from fat 12%.
Photo Credit: Rick Gayle Studio; Image and recipe provided by: Arizona Nutrition Network.