3 apples, cut into chunks
4 pears, cut into chunks
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash and cut fruit into chunks. Apples can be peeled, but the fiber will be lower.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add pears, apples, water, and vanilla extract to the hot pan.
- Cover and simmer fruit for 10 minutes, remove lid and cook until most of liquid is gone and fruit is soft, 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer fruit mixture and any remaining liquid to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, then stir in cinnamon. Serve warm or put in your refrigerator up to 4 days.
- If sauce is not sweet enough, add 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Prep time: 2 min. Cook time: 20 min.
Amount per serving: 140 calories; Carbohydrate: 37g; Fat: 0g; Protein: 0g; Dietary fiber: 8g
Contributed by Feeding Texas