Bean and Rice Burritos
When cooking this recipe, use canned beans labeled "low sodium," "reduced sodium," or "no salt added."
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 can low-sodium, light red kidney beans (drained, about 15 ounces)
- 8 flour tortillas (about 7 to 8 inches each, can use whole grain tortillas instead)
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix the rice, onion, and beans in a bowl.
- Place the tortillas flat on a baking pan and put about ½ cup of the bean and rice mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla over to hold the rice and beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add about a teaspoon of salsa and a tablespoon of cheese to each burrito.
- Serve warm.
Prep and cook time:
Prep Time 5 min. Cook Time 15 min.
Amount per serving: 290 calories, Carbohydrate: 51g, Fat: 5g, Protein: 11g, Dietary fiber: 5g, Serving size: 1 burrito
SNAP-ED Connection Recipe Finder