1 tablespoon oil
½ cup sliced celery
¼ cup onion, chopped
3 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
3 cups rice, cooked or leftover
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
dash of pepper
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- In a large non-stick pan, add oil, celery, and onion.
- Cook for one minute and add peas and carrots to skillet.
- Add rice, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to skillet and cook on medium heat until flavors are mixed, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add egg and soy sauce to skillet and mix well.
- Continue cooking until all liquid is gone.
- Serve immediately. Can be served with vegetables and chicken, or beef stir-fry.
Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 15 min.
Amount per serving: 182 calories; Carbohydrate: 33g; Fat: 3g; Protein: 7g; Dietary fiber: 3g; Serving size: ⅔ cup
Contributed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service