Kids love these crunchy, cheesy bites.
12 ounce fat-free Mozzarella string cheese
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup 1% low fat milk
½ cup prepared marinara sauce, warmed
Non-stick cooking spray
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove cheese from package and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a small non-stick skillet mix oregano and basil with bread crumbs.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crumbs are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Dip each piece of cheese in milk and then into toasted bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Place on baking sheet about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Spray string cheese lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 5-6 minutes or until heated through. (cheese may melt slightly and lose shape. Simply press it back into place.
- Dip in warmed marinara sauce and enjoy.
Prep and cook time:
Calories, 93; carbohydrate, 7 g; protein, 10 g; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 5 mg; fiber, 0 g; total sugars, 1 g; sodium, 296 mg; calcium, 262 mg; folate, 0 mcg; iron, 0 mg; percent calories from fat, 12%.
Photo Credit: Rick Gayle Studio. Image and recipe provided by: Arizona Nutrition Network.